Are you are interested in a career with RGI? We are hiring a Genetic Counseling Assistant. Please complete your information and attach a resume for consideration.
Genetic Counseling Assistant
RGI is looking to fill the role of a full-time, on-site Case Coordinator. This position was created to serve as the primary liaison between the patient, their IVF clinic, and the team at RGI.
As the new case coordinator, you will be working directly with the patient and their referring provider to make the logistics of preimplantation genetic testing as simple and seamless as possible.
This position reports directly to the Genetic Counseling Manager.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Coordinates and implements patient care plans by performing case intakes, obtaining reports required for testing, coordinating information, and continuing care requirements.
- Records and manages patient intake forms, clinical requisition forms, patient medical information, and billing information in the patient database.
- Work with RGI’s Financial Department to facilitate patient’s financial plan by communicating fee schedules, initiating payment, and providing claim information.
- Maintains RGI’s databases, calendars, and medical records with reminders and alerts, to organize daily tasks such as consultations, DNA sample collection kits, test results, payments, and other clinical documentation.
- Responds to and triages phone and email inquiries from patients and healthcare professionals.
- Acts as a liaison between physicians, patients, and clinical staff to provide top-quality patient service throughout the entirety of the PGT testing process.
- Collaborates with other clinical staff to resolve issues impacting patients’ care progression.
- Provides recommendations for process/service improvement to promote patient satisfaction and address issues with the Genetic Counseling Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including front desk coverage as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in healthcare setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong Email Communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, customer service, and ability to effectively communicate with patients and healthcare professionals.
- Self-motivation and ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Skilled in prioritization, multitasking, and critical thinking/problem-solving.
- Curiosity, creativity, enthusiasm, and the ability to learn quickly.
Good to Have:
- Science focused degree (biology, microbiology, etc)
- Knowledge of basic genetic concepts and terminology
- Previous experience working in a healthcare or laboratory setting.
- Experience working with electronic medical records (EMR)
How to Apply:
Please send a résumé & cover letter to email@example.com or complete the form at the top of this page.